VACANCY: CANDIDATE LEGAL PRACTITIONER (2024)
17 October 2023
|Join our team in 2024!
The Centre for Child Law (CCL) is seeking a driven candidate legal practitioner with the credentials and a proven passion for public interest law and social justice work.
The Centre for Child Law, based at the University of Pretoria’s Faculty of Law, is a child rights strategic litigation organisation, registered with the Legal Practice Council as a law clinic. CCL has built an enduring reputation for upholding and fulfilling children’s rights over the last 25 years through litigation, research, legal education, law reform, community engagement and advocacy.
|QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED|
- An LLB or equivalent degree.
- A demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice work.
- A strong interest in research as a component of legal work.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in other South African official languages will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Assisting in strategic litigation cases;
- Research in support of advocacy and litigation activities;
- Conducting field research in communities;
- Drafting pleadings and legal opinions;
- Assisting in the drafting of research reports;
- Providing input into draft policies and legislation;
- Preparing documents for, and appearing in court;
- Liaison with clients, counsel, and partners; and
- Representing the Centre for Child Law in civil society forums.
To apply, please merge and submit the following documents in PDF format:
- A cover letter motivating why you are a suitable candidate for the position;
- A detailed CV demonstrating that you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience for this position as well as the names and contact details of at least 2 references;
- Certified copies of qualifications(degrees/diplomas); and
- A written sample of no longer than 5 pages which need not be a stand-alone piece but may form part of a larger writing project such as an LLB final year dissertation. (Please do not send the full dissertation).
|Submit your application and upload your documents here or send an email to email@example.com
Individuals from previously disadvantaged populations are particularly encouraged to apply. The Centre reserves the right not to appoint if suitable candidates are not found.
CLOSING DATE: 10 November 2023 (Late and incomplete applications will not be accepted.)