LLM in Child Law (04250099)
The LLM in Child Law is presented by the Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria
The LLM programme co-ordinated by the Centre was restructured in 2009 and is now largely focused on practical outputs, current case law and recent developments in all aspects of child law in
South Africa. There are three modules that examine child law in the context of private law, criminal law and constitutional and international law. Practical exams for each of the modules are conducted in the form of a moot court.
Lectures for the course-work masters are presented after hours over a two year period and in addition to the modules, a mini-dissertation is completed. The new and improved approach to postgraduate learning has been met with great approval.
Modules as part of the LLM Child Law
- Aspects of Criminal and Criminal Procedural Law pertaining to Children (SSK 802)
- Aspects of Private Law pertaining to Children (PLC 801)
- Constitutional and International Law pertaining to Children (GIK 801)
The following coursework LLM degrees are offered by the Department of Private law:
- LLM Child Law (04250099)
- LLM Law of Contract (04250100)
- LLM Private Law: General (04250085)
- LLM Private Law: Estate Law (04250086)
- LLM Private Law: Family Law (04250087)
Search the Centre for Child Law
12 April 2017
Centre for Child Law in case to protect community
The Centre for Child Law is Third Respondent in a case concerning the eviction of a school and a community from private land. Hearings started yesterday and will continue until Thursday 13 April 2017.
Case name: Botha N.O. v MEC for Education, Western Cape
- CCL's Heads of Argument here.
- CCL's press release here.
- Read Groundup article here.
11 April 2017
CCL candidate attorney applications open until 20 April 2017
Read the job advert here. Applications close 20 April 2017.